Friday, September 7, 2012

Tongue-mounted storage basket

Here is the progress so far.  I the first photos show what my early vision for the rack on the tongue-rack.  I wanted it to hold My generator, gas, and propane.  I decided to keep the generator inside the unit away from prying eyes.







The trailer jack has to have room to rotate inside the rack area, so a fully enclosed or mesh basket will not work.


thinking about mounting my generator on the front.   but I rethought it.


considered mounting 2 260 amp hour 6volt batteries on the front, but decided I would just wait and get (3) 105 amp hour 12v batteries and mount them in the trailer using the original battery mounts.


My father building laying out the basket.  He cuts and I weld.



Checking the fit of the finished product.  It was here I changed my mind and wanted to make the basket deeper and add a lockable lid.









checking the fit of the rack, the plywood on top was the scrap piece I used to place the items.






made a plywood lid with aluminum diamond plate.  Now I can use the space to carry more stuff or to hold my weber q, gas grill 


No comments:

Post a Comment